For those with a little less time but have a desire to see what Western Canada has to offer will find that this self-drive tour itinerary might be the perfect solution. Discover the hidden gems that the Rockies have to offer by following this tour and venturing on the path less traveled by. What makes this tour so unique is a stay in the magnificent Waterton Lakes National Park, a paradise for hikers and nature lovers, followed by a visit to the neighbouring US Glacier National Park where travelers drive along the famous “Going-to-the-Sun- Highway, one of the greatest and most scenic alpine routes of the world. Spectacular mountain vistas and plenty of chances to view wildlife are just some of the special highlights of the trip.
- Short City Tour of Calgary
- Learn about Calgary’s past by visiting Calgary’s Heritage Park Historical Village and the Glenbow Museum
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump
- Explore Waterton Lakes National Park – view beautiful scenery and the chance to see wildlife such as Elks, Moose, or Bears
- Enter the United Sates and enjoy a stunning drive along the famous “Going-to-the-Sun Road” where you can see waterfalls, glaciers, lakes, and mountains
- Stop at Logan’s pass to take in the spectacular view and go for a short hike
- Explore Glacier National Park – chance to see wildlife such as Mountain Goats or Bighorn Sheep
- Relax at the hot natural mineral waters at Fairmont Hot Springs
- Full day in Banff to explore (See the “Optional Add-ons” section at the bottom of the page for more activities)
- Take the gondola up to Sulphur Mountain in Banff
- Stops at Emerald Lake, Lake Louise and Moraine Lake
- Drive along the world renown “Icefield Parkway” and enjoy stops at Peyto Lake, and the Columbia Icefield
- Ice Explorer Excursion onto the Athabasca Glacier
- Explore Jasper National Park and go for short hikes at Athabasca Falls and Maligne Canyon
- Take a Boat Cruise at Maligne Lake
All our programs are suggestions based on successful tours that we regularly offer and operate.
All tours can be changed and customized to meet your specific needs. From changing the destinations, the length of the tour, to the standard of hotels, we are happy to work with you and make your dream trip possible.
We have not quoted specific rates as hotel rates fluctuate daily in accordance with their supply and demand. Therefore we require your expected travel dates in order to provide you with a quote.
Optional Activities you can add on to your tour:
- Visit the Banff Upper Hot Springs
- Visit the Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum
- Helicopter Tour over the Canadian Rockies
- Horseback Riding Adventure along the Bow River
- Go on a Float Trip in a Raft (Calm Excursion)
- Go on a White Water Rafting Adventure (More Intense Excursion)